Skip to main content

Letter to Jenny Brockie, Insight, SBS regarding "Wine O'Clock"

It's all very well and good to bring attention to the growing issue of alcoholism amongst middle-aged, middle class Australian women but it needs to be followed up with realistic solutions to the issue of Alcohol Use Disorder.

I made the following plea to Jenny Brockie via email to SBS.

"Hi Jenny

Great program last night and based on how much impact it has had, now’s your opportunity to talk about how to solve the problem.

I’m not here to share my story but to plea to you to broadcast to the many desperate women in the same situation as me that there are options other than the downward spiral into the bottom of a bottle.

AA has a 7%-9% success rate that drops to 1% by year 5 but a little known (in Australia) cure has a 78% success rate.  77,000 Fins have so far been cured of alcoholism using the Sinclair Method.  It’s an in home treatment, low cost (only $38.50 per month on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme) and because you regain control over your drinking within a 3 to 6 month time range, it almost immediately restores the sufferer’s dignity…one thing that is lost early on.  The medication used blocks the “reward” from reaching the brain.

In despair, I “stumbled” upon TSM in mid-July.  Without a doubt, I owe my life to Claudia Christian and an incredibly eye-opening TED Talk she did called: How I Overcame Alcoholism.  TED do not endorse pseudo-science!

I am not including links in case SBS rejects this email – you can easily google the following information yourself  by highlighting each line and right clicking to search.

Claudia Christian TED Talk How I Overcame Alcoholism (this is perfect introduction to how the Sinclair Method works)
C Three Foundation (founded by Claudia Christian, it’s a free site with resources and documentation)
One Little Pill (documentary narrated by Claudia Christian with an interview with Dr. David Sinclair. It’s 58 minutes of compelling viewing.  You can find it for free at Documentary Lovers)
The Cure For Alcoholism (a book written by Dr. Roy Ezkapa detailing the method in conjunction with Dr. David Sinclair)
Options Save Lives forum (moderated by C Three Foundation staff) is all the support you could ever want from C Three Foundation.  Beautiful, compassionate and anonymous!
Also, there is an Australian thread on the Options Save Lives forum where we all “rally the troops” giving one another support on a local level.

There is a wealth of information on the net but the above sources are a very good start in understanding how the method / science works.

I started my own blog to keep a track of how I’m progressing and wrote a piece today about my deep compassion for Yumi Stynes with her recent admission to having a problem with alcohol.  You can view my blog by searching alcoholusedisordernaltrexoneandtsm blogspot .

Why isn’t TSM better known?  Rehab units position their business models on relapsing customers.  The medication used is no longer under trademark so there is no money in it for the manufacturers.  Claudia Christian herself has given her life to bringing awareness of the method – there is no money in it for her but she feels greatly indebted to the work of Dr. David Sinclair.  As do I.  The only awareness generated is grassroots but it is gaining momentum.

If at any stage you want to pursue this important topic, Jenny, please let me know how I can help.  Particularly if you need to get in contact with Claudia Christian and Dr. Roy Ezkapa etc.   Unfortunately, Dr. David Sinclair is deceased but his life’s work lives on."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No longer alcohol dependant thanks to Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method.

Fourteen weeks ago I started on a journey to cure myself of alcohol dependency via a little known at home treatment using Naltrexone in conjunction with the Sinclair Method. When I say little known, that is to say it's little known in Australia but not in Finland where upwards of 77,000 Fins have been cured of alcoholism using the same method.   It's a safe and inexpensive treatment done in the privacy of your own home with many added bonusses...  Dignity is restored, shame is removed, the symptoms of depression and anxiety lift within a relatively short period. The short explanation of how the Sinclair Method works is NALTREXONE + DRINK = CURE but before you dive blindly into that there is more you need to be aware of.   Online support is invaluable.  You'll be warmly welcomed and greatly helped at Options Save Lives forum which is moderated by C Three Foundation. Online education is imperative.  Dispel the myths about Naltrexone and gain clear and concise

Overdrinking and desperately looking for a solution to reduce my intake.

By mid-July 2017 I had to be honest with myself.  I had a problem with alcohol. It was hard to link the words "problem with alcohol" with how I presented myself to society.  I'm a respectable person - a successful small business owner, designer, mother, wife, somewhat of a high-achiever, always on the go, creative, stylish, well presented.  How did this happen to me? What caused me to start hiding the amount I drank (from my husband), waiting for him to leave the room so I could sneak another drink without him knowing.  Why did I clock watch for 5.30pm to come around so I could pour a drink?  And get agitated if I couldn't have one at the regular time. Was I alone in this?  In thinking about my friendships, I suspected not but no one ever talks about problems with alcohol.  It's a secret shame and one that I have lived with for at least 10 years. I turned 50 in March and organised an 80's themed party for myself - complete with a DJ, drinks waiter, che

Am I cured of alcoholism already? ...or close to it?

The cravings have become less and less, so much so rhat it's hard to even pinpoint one and week 10 has ended without any desire to drink for the past 8 days. I can attribute much of my recent success with keeping my thirst quenched throughout the day.  Keeping a bottle of soda water (and a tasty sugar-free cordial) by my side while I work coupled with the insight I have gained over the last 10 weeks regarding the "habit" hidden underneath the addiction.  ...that robotic ritual of automatically pouring a drink to signal the end of the day and the start of the evening - the time of day when my thoughts turn to preparing the family meal. I refer to the timing of the underlying habit of mine as my "trigger point".  With the aid of Naltexone and TSM (the Sinclair Method), my brain is being retrained to learn that there is no reward gained and as a result of this water is just as "rewarding" as a glass of wine (and with some of the wines I've dru