Skip to main content

Week 15 and not craving alcohol thanks to Naltrexone and TSM.

I'm still not officially at pharmacological extinction because I'm drinking socially but I'm not experiencing any cravings on a day to day basis.  My past trigger point (late afternoon/early evening starting to prepare dinner) comes and goes without a thought now.  I don't miss it.  I don't want it.  I'm not missing out on anything and am enjoying the clear head and productivity.

My graph at 15 weeks shows that I consumed 8 glasses of wine this week.  This was over 2 nights at friends houses.

I find that if I am out at a bar or restaurant, I'm less likely to drink that amount and of late it would be 2 drinks maximum.  Also, I've noticed that my friends don't offer water to their guests but keep topping up the wine.  I was guilty of that too before starting TSM.  Now when people come over to our house, I am topping up water glasses for everyone.   Of course, I can get my own water at someone's house and need to remind myself to do that in future.  ...Particularly with the silly season approaching.

On another topic... 

For the first couple of months I noticed an increase in my cravings for sugary foods and a definite increase in my waistband.  Having been a low carber for some time, this troubled me a bit but I decided to let it run its course and it seems to have stabilized over the last couple of weeks.  For anyone in the same boat, don't panic.  Our bodies are adjusting to some pretty big changes when reducing alcohol intake so ride with it.

For now, I'm delighted to be at a point where I am drinking in safe amounts socially. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No longer alcohol dependant thanks to Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method.

Fourteen weeks ago I started on a journey to cure myself of alcohol dependency via a little known at home treatment using Naltrexone in conjunction with the Sinclair Method. When I say little known, that is to say it's little known in Australia but not in Finland where upwards of 77,000 Fins have been cured of alcoholism using the same method.   It's a safe and inexpensive treatment done in the privacy of your own home with many added bonusses...  Dignity is restored, shame is removed, the symptoms of depression and anxiety lift within a relatively short period. The short explanation of how the Sinclair Method works is NALTREXONE + DRINK = CURE but before you dive blindly into that there is more you need to be aware of.   Online support is invaluable.  You'll be warmly welcomed and greatly helped at Options Save Lives forum which is moderated by C Three Foundation. Online education is imperative.  Dispel the myths about Naltrexone and gain clear and concise

Overdrinking and desperately looking for a solution to reduce my intake.

By mid-July 2017 I had to be honest with myself.  I had a problem with alcohol. It was hard to link the words "problem with alcohol" with how I presented myself to society.  I'm a respectable person - a successful small business owner, designer, mother, wife, somewhat of a high-achiever, always on the go, creative, stylish, well presented.  How did this happen to me? What caused me to start hiding the amount I drank (from my husband), waiting for him to leave the room so I could sneak another drink without him knowing.  Why did I clock watch for 5.30pm to come around so I could pour a drink?  And get agitated if I couldn't have one at the regular time. Was I alone in this?  In thinking about my friendships, I suspected not but no one ever talks about problems with alcohol.  It's a secret shame and one that I have lived with for at least 10 years. I turned 50 in March and organised an 80's themed party for myself - complete with a DJ, drinks waiter, che

My Naltrexone honeymoon.

Reading around the C Three Foundation forum " Options Save Lives " has made me realise that I am not actually an "early responder" but I am in the honeymoon phase.  From what I can understand, in the early stages the Naltrexone has the upper hand but after a couple of weeks, the brain will fight back wanting its fix and that's when I may see an increase in the cravings.  I'm going to ride with it.   Until then, I'll continue as I have been and won't force an alcohol free day because there's really no point until I experience the "fight for the fix". Then I'll know what I'm in for!  Here is information from C3 regarding the Honeymoon phase...   "It's like the term 'Quick Responders' or 'Early Responders'. This is something that we at C3 are working on clarifying for people. We have seen people on this forum notice an immediate reduction and call themselves a quick/early responder, without realising tha